January 2022 Volume 7 Issue 1
Dear Pastor and praying friends:
Happy New Year!
I was able to make an exciting trip to Brazil back in November that provided great information, clear direction for language school, and reinvigorated our desire to get to the mission field. While there, I was able to locate accommodations for my family, visit three different Churches, go to the Trinitarian Bible Society of Brazil, and buy Portuguese Bibles for all the family.
You might be wondering why we are not on the field yet; all I can say is paperwork. I really wish that we were there. At this point, the Brazilian government has not even looked at the paperwork we submitted several months back. Please pray with us that our visas are approved quickly as our visa applications are set to expire March 16th. If this happens, we will have to reapply and wait again.
I recently sang a song at a church, called “Another Year is Dawning” written by the Hymn writer Francis Havergal, the first verse says, “Another year is dawning! Dear Father, let it be, in working or in waiting, another year with thee; another year of leaning upon thy loving breast, another year of trusting, of quiet, happy rest.” Even though we are not where we would like to be in service to our Lord, we can trust that He will always be there for us, and we have to trust He knows best.
Here are some pictures from my trip to Brazil.
Be sure to keep an eye out next month for our family update.
Praise the Lord, Lorin’s Background was completed and came back clear.
I Thessalonians 5:25 “Brethren, pray for us.”
- For our Visas to go to language school to quickly be approved
- For the many Churches that have said they would like to take us on for support, pray God would enable them to have the finances to support us.
- For our current supporting churches as some are having financial struggles.
- For our raised support that it will continue, and that God will bless our supporting churches.
- For the People of Mozambique that God would work even now in the hearts and lives of the people to prepare them for the Gospel.
- For our ability to learn quickly when we begin to study Portuguese.
- For our continued good health.
- That our Spiritual lives will remain close to God, for us to grow each day closer to him, and not stray from His will or be caught up in the snares of the Devil.