April 2022 Volume 7 Issue 4
Dear Pastor and praying friends:
This update/letter is going to be mostly asking for your prayers as we leave for the field.
We are flying out of Dallas/Ft.Wort International Airport this Saturday April 9th at 10:45pm Central Standard Time, our flight will be about 15hrs to Qatar, where we will have a layover just short of 5hrs, our next flight will be about 8hrs directly to Lusaka Zambia where we should arrive at 8:35am. Damon Matacchiera will pick us up and we will drive another 7hrs to Chipata Zambia our final destination of the trip.
Here are somethings we are asking prayer for pre-flight:
- That we will have everything we need for the flight packed and in their proper places.
- That we will have all our Shipping Barrels packed and sealed properly for the long trip to Zambia. They will ship May 18th and will get to Chipata in about 2 months.
- That we will receive negative CVD-19 tests. A Praise, none of our children are required to have tests as it is only required for 12 years old and up.
- That God will provide Gracious and Merciful Flight Attendants, as everyone except Chandler is required to wear a face mask for about 30hrs, this will be a challenge especially with Enoch who is only 3.
Here are somethings to pray for during flight:
- Safety as we travel, that God’s hand would be on the Pilots as they are flying the planes.
- For our children that they will be calm and be able to sleep well. Also, for some rest for us.
Here are some prayer requests for once we get to Zambia:
- Safety as we make the last leg of the trip from Lusaka to Chipata.
- That the Matacchiera’s vehicle and trailer will all work properly with no issues.
- For God to provide a vehicle for us when we get there (a quality vehicle costs about $40k-45k). Also, that our vehicles here in the USA will sell, if we can get them sold it would give us about $20k from the sale which will still put us about $25k short of being able to buy one in Zambia.
- For us all to recover from the Jetlag and to adjust well to Zambia as we will be dealing with a new culture and language.
A Praise! God has provided a house for us to use until June.
Thank you all for your continued support, prayers, and Love. We would not be able to go without first of all the Lord and secondly without all of you.
In Christ’s Service, The Norris Family.
I Thessalonians 5:25 “Brethren, pray for us.”
- For God to open the door to Mozambique through an invitation into the country.
- For our ability to learn quickly when we begin to study Chichewa.
- For us to be a blessing to those that we will work with in Zambia.
- For the People of Mozambique that God would work even now in the hearts and lives of the people to prepare them for the Gospel.
- For God to provide for our every need.
- For our continued good health.
- That our Spiritual lives will remain close to God, for us to grow each day closer to him, and not stray from His will or be caught up in the snares of the Devil.
- For the many Churches that have said they would like to take us on for support, pray God would enable them to have the finances to support us.
- For our raised support that it will continue, and that God will bless our supporting churches.