July 2021 Volume 6 Issue 5
Dear Pastor and praying friends:
I want to start off by praising the Lord, and thanking you all for your prayers for Chandler’s passport to come in. His passport came in on the 28th of June. We will be travelling to BIMI in Tennessee where most of our mail gets delivered to pick it up and start the process of getting our visas to go to Language School. Part of the process will require Lorin and I to get background checks for both California and Tennessee. Please pray that these will go smoothly and quickly, so that we can move on to the next step in the visa application process. Please pray also that we can figure out the right visa to acquire for the young lady who is coming with us to help with the kids while we are in Language School.
In addition, I want to thank the Lord for the opportunity to be a witness to a man named William. God allowed our paths to cross, and I was able to talk with him about the Gospel and encourage him to take his family to church. He claimed to know who God was but didn’t really have a definite time when he got saved. Pray for William that God would use this encounter to turn him to Christ and that he would see his need of Salvation.
Right now, we are in the midst of going through everything that we have accumulated over the last year while in school, getting rid of things that we don’t need, packing up things to keep. Trying to figure out what to take with us to language school and what to store until we move to Mozambique.
One area that God seems to be working on in our life is waiting on His timing and not our own. I can truly say that from the time we first felt the call of God to go to Mozambique (2014) and when we started full time deputation (Sept, 2016) that we never thought it would take as long as it has. Who could have imagined that the exact year we had planned to be in Mozambique (2020), would turn out to be one of the craziest years that anyone has seen in a long time? It truly has brought to light the verses from Isaiah 40:28-31 and 55:8-13, how we need to wait on the Lord, and he will renew our strength, as well as understand that His ways are higher than our ways.
We currently have 98% of our support coming in, Praise the Lord for the two new churches that decided to partner with us in reaching Mozambique with the Gospel. We are praying that God will increase our support level to 100% quickly. There is much for which to praise the Lord, but specifically, I’d like to thank Him for the safety He has provided as we have traveled back and forth from school to church these past several months.
Be sure to keep an eye out next month for our family update.
I Thessalonians 5:25 “Brethren, pray for us.”
- For us to be able to get the proper paperwork to go to language school.
- For the many Churches that have said they would like to take us on for support, pray God would enable them to have the finances to support us.
- For our current supporting churches as some are having financial struggles.
- For our raised support that it will continue, and that God will bless our supporting churches.
- For the People of Mozambique that God would work even now in the hearts and lives of the people to prepare them for the Gospel.
- For our ability to learn quickly when we begin to study Portuguese.
- For our continued good health.
- That our Spiritual lives will remain close to God, for us to grow each day closer to him, and not stray from His will or be caught up in the snares of the Devil.